The iPhone 15 Pro would finally have physical buttons, Apple
Android Go: 200 million users on the clock and an Android 12 version on the way
Android Go, the light version of the OS from Google intended for the most modest smartphones, has just passed the milestone of 200 million daily users. Good news for the Mountain View company, which took the opportunity to confirm the imminent deployment of Android 12 (Go Edition).
Launched in 2017, Android Go is a light version of the Google OS, designed primarily to run on the most modest smartphones with 2 GB of RAM or less. The main feature of this version is to use light versions of Google’s flagship applications, such as YouTube, Google Maps or Google Assistant. The goal is to reduce as much as possible their impact on the performance of the device as on the consumption of mobile data.
With the Android 11 GB version, Google has made the decision to” must integrate its lightweight OS on all smartphones equipped with less than 2 GB of RAM. For users, the benefit is there, since applications launch faster up to 20%, while they can save 900 MB of additional internal storage.
Read also: Android Go – budget smartphones improve their photos with night mode and HDR
Android 12 (Go Edition) is coming soon
This measure has visibly borne fruit, since the Mountain View firm claims this Tuesday, December 14, 2021 to have exceeded the milestone of 200 million daily users for Android Go. For the occasion, the Californian company has confirmed the upcoming launch Android 12 (Go Edition) in 2022.
“With the upcoming release of Android 12 (Go Edition), we’re building on what you care about – creating a faster, smarter, and more privacy-friendly experience than ever before. We are also making these phones more accessible by improving features for multilingual users and introducing new ones that take into account mobile data costs ”, Google assures us in an official blog post.
Let’s see together the improvements promised by the manufacturer with Android 12 (Go Edition) :
- Applications will launch 30% faster
- Longer battery life, thanks to automatic standby of unused apps
- Ability to translate and listen to text displayed on the screen
- Ability to share an app with another Android device rather than download it
- Guest profiles will be available on Android 12 (Go Edition)
- A new privacy dashboard similar to that of Android 12 thanks to which the user will be able to consult an overview of the apps that access certain sensitive data, such as the microphone, the camera or the location