Battle League Season 9: what’s new in Pokémon GO
There is no season to play Pokémon GO and the best trainers don’t hesitate to go out, wind, rain or snow to advance their Pokédex. With the arrival of the Battle League Season 9, no reason to take it easy. Beyond exploration, there will be combat on the program and a ladder to climb. Don’t worry, your efforts will be rewarded with pretty rewards.
Small detail to take into account, the GO Battle Nights have been replaced by GO Battle Days. During these days, you can do up to 100 fights per day !
Pokémon GO Battle League Season 9: schedule and rewards
To vary the pleasures, Pokémon GO offers several leagues with certain restrictions (max PC). here is the calendar full of Battle League Season 9 :
- Great League, Great League Remix : August 30 – September 30
- Ultra League, Ultra League Remix : September 13 – September 27
- Master League, Master League Classic, Little Jungle Cup : September 27 – October 11
- Great League, Halloween Cup (start on 15th): October 11 – 25
- Ultra League, Ultra League Premier, Classic Halloween Cup (end on 2): October 25 – November 8
- Master League, Master League Classic, Special Cup: Player’s Choice : November 8 – November 22
- Great League, Ultra League Master League : 22 – 29 November
Who says Battle League Season 9 on Pokémon GO also says rewards at stake. All trainers who reach rank 3 will then receive a Pikachu Libre avatar. Otherwise, depending on your ranking, you will earn:
- Ace rank : champion gloves
- Veteran rank : a Leon cap
- Expert Rank : champion sports shorts
- Legend Rank : a champion’s sports top
Pokémon Attack Balances
Developers will also take advantage of the Battle League Season 9 to balance multiple attacks. So remember to read the changes carefully so as not to have unpleasant surprises!
Buff attacks :
- Megacorne : increased damage (from 100 to 110)
- Boiling : Decreased energy cost and added an effect that can reduce damage from enemies
- Elecanon : addition of an effect reducing the attack of the enemy Pokémon
- Chews : added an effect that can reduce enemy defense
Nerf attacks :
- Feather dance : increased energy cost
- Weather Ball : damage reduction (from 60 to 55)
The additional effects should speak to players who have followed the Pokémon universe for a long time. These are indeed additional bonuses that already exist in classic games.