The iPhone 15 Pro would finally have physical buttons, Apple
His MacBook Pro suddenly catches fire under his bed overnight
A MacBook Pro holder was sleeping peacefully when he was suddenly awakened by a pungent smell. His MacBook Pro, which was under the bed, was just on fire. The user suffered a few minor burns on the hand while removing the inflamed device. Apple, whose responsibility is pointed out, has not yet reacted.
His MacBook Pro suddenly caught fire overnight. It is on the social network Reddit that the user Squeezieful shared his misadventure which could have had much more dramatic consequences. According to his story, he had placed his computer under his bed before falling into Morpheus’ arms. It was on standby but was not charging.
During the night, he was then woken up by the toxic smoke emanating from the MacBook which had suddenly caught fire. He then managed to move the device away from his bed, wiping off a few minor burns on his hand. He can consider himself happy to have been able to react to so much. The flames, which burned his carpet, could have spread through his home and caused a fire. What’s more, the vapors could have been fatal.
Also read: MacBook Pro: Images of a model that caught fire shows why it is urgent to replace the battery
MacBook on fire: Apple singled out
The user confided that his model dated from 2015. For the record, Apple had launched a recall for its 15-inch MacBook Pro marketed between September 2015 and February 2017. Models whose battery could overheat and cause a fire. But the Reddit user, who bought the computer in 2017, said he submitted his MacBook serial number in the recall program form at the time. And that Apple then told him that his computer had “Already been repaired for this problem”.
Since then, we are awaiting the official reaction of the Cupertino company. It seems that it was the battery that caused this fire to start, as the photos shared by the victim suggest. If necessary, the responsibility of the Apple would obviously be engaged.