How do I prevent or allow snaps from being saved in Snapchat chats?
This page was translated using AI and machine learning before being reviewed by a human editor in your native language.
(Pocket-lint) – Are you in a group chat on Snapchat and notice that your friends can’t save the snaps you send them? Or maybe you saw a friend save your snap while chatting, and you want to prevent that from happening again in the future. Either way, there’s an easy way to control whether people can save the photos and videos you send them in a Snapchat conversation. Here’s how.
How to prevent or allow your photos to be saved in Snapchat conversations?
The first thing to know is that not all Snaps can be saved in a Snapchat mobile app chat. Only snapshots with no time limit can be saved.
- Open Snapchat and take a photo by tapping the capture button.
- On the edit screen, find the infinite timer in the right bar and select it.
- It’s an icon of an infinity symbol inside a clock.
- On the next screen you will see 1 to 10 seconds and No limit. Choose No limit.
- This will be your default setting for all shots, unless you change it.
- If you don’t choose “No limit”, your friends won’t be able to save your snaps in chats.
- You have finished ! Start chatting with your friends and send them photos by DM.
- They will be able to save your snaps in chats.
If you don’t choose No limit in step 4, your friends won’t be able to save your photos in chats. So do it if you prefer.
The best Amazon US Prime Day 2022 deals: Echo, Kindle, AirPods and more
Amazon’s Prime Day has kicked off and deals are on the way for a whole host of products. We are here to guide you to the
How do you prevent or allow your video snaps to be saved in Snapchat chats?
Only video snaps set to infinite loop can be recorded.
- Open Snapchat and take a video snap by pressing and holding the capture button.
- On the edit screen, find the snaps timer button in the right bar and select it.
- It is an icon representing an infinity symbol in a loop.
- You will see Bounce, Play Once, and Loop options. Choose Loop.
- This will be your default setting for all video shots unless you change it.
- You have finished ! Start chatting with your friends and sending them video snaps.
- They will be able to save your video snaps in the chat.
If you don’t choose Loop in step 3, your friends won’t be able to save your video snaps in chats. So do it if you prefer.
How to Save or Unsave Snaps in Snapchat Chats
Whether you want to save a photo snap or a video snap, the process is the same: when viewing the snap, tap the three-dot icon in the corner and select Save to Chat. If you decide to unsave it later, long-press the saved snap in the chat and select Unsave. Remember, if your friends don’t allow you to save their snaps, you won’t be able to do so in direct messages or group chats on Snapchat.
Written by Maggie Tillman.