How to Cancel Amazon Prime
This page was translated using AI and machine learning before being reviewed by a human editor in your native language.
(Pocket-lint) – Amazon has already raised the price of Amazon Prime in the US lately and will soon do so in the UK and Europe as well.
And, while there are a number of benefits to being a Prime member, you might find the new price a bit too high. Or, you simply aren’t using the service enough to justify the cost.
Either way, it’s easy to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription. Here’s how.
How do you cancel your Amazon Prime subscription through the Amazon mobile app?
Whether you pay monthly or annually, it’s easy to cancel your Amazon Prime membership through the Amazon app for iOS or Android.
– First, open the app, make sure you’re signed in to Amazon, and tap the account icon at the bottom of the screen – it’s the one in the shape of a little person.
– On the next screen, tap on “Your account”.
– You should see “Prime Membership” under “Account Settings” on the next screen, tap on it.
– A new screen with the name of the account holder and statistics such as “benefit usage” will appear. Tap the “Manage Membership” bar at the top of the screen. Then tap on the “Membership: Update, cancel and more” bar.
– A new screen with different membership options will appear, one of which will be “End Membership”. Tap the bar at the bottom of the screen, then follow the simple steps to cancel Amazon Prime.
How do you cancel your Amazon Prime subscription through a web browser?
It’s also easy to cancel your subscription through a browser.
– First, go to your local Amazon homepage (Amazon.co.uk for UK, Amazon.com for US).
– Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
– Click on the “Account and lists” button at the top right of the page, which appears under your name.
– Click on the “Bonus” button that appears on the next page.
– Similar to the mobile steps above, you should see a screen with your Prime benefits and the date your current subscription will renew. Click on “Manage Membership: Update, cancel and more”.
– A pop-up window appears with an “End Membership” button at the bottom. Click on it and follow the steps.
Is Apple Music worth it? Try Apple’s streaming service free for 3 months
Apple wasn’t the first to play music streaming, but its platform is very impressive.
NOTE: Whether you use the app or the web browser, you will continue to receive Amazon Prime benefits until your next renewal date. From that day forward, you will no longer be able to use any of the benefits that come with Prime membership (unless you re-enroll later).
If you cancel your subscription and want to re-subscribe in the future, you can use the link below:
Written by Rik Henderson.