How to change your Skype background for video calls
This page was translated using AI and machine learning.
(Pocket-lint) – In an attempt to copy one of Zoom’s most popular features, Skype allows you to change your background during video calls.
Zoom calls its version of this feature virtual backgrounds. We’ve even rounded up our favorite images to use when changing your Zoom virtual background. These same images can of course be used with the latest version of Skype. Want to sound like you’re calling from Starship Enterprise or from across The Office? It’s as easy as simply changing settings in Skype.
How to change your background in Skype
Skype recommends that you use landscape orientation images and save the custom image locally on your computer.
First option (during a call):
Get the awesome Ivacy VPN for less with this amazing Christmas deal
- Open Skype on the web or the latest version of the Skype app for Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- During a call, hover over the video button or click on the menu More.
- Click on Choose a background effect .
- You can then blur the room, choose one of the preset images, choose an image you previously added, or add a new image.
Option 2 (before a call):
- Open Skype on the web or the latest version of the Skype app for Windows or Mac.
- Click on your profile picture .
- Click on Settings , then on Audio and video .
- Under Choose the background effect , you can blur the room, choose one of the preset images, choose an image that you have previously added or add a new image.
Remark : To blur your background in Skype, your computer’s processor must support Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2).
Written by Maggie Tillman. Edited by Chris Hall. Originally published on .