How to remove your payment details from Meta / Facebook Pay
This page was translated using AI and machine learning before being reviewed by a human editor in your native language.
(Pocket-lint) – Meta Pay, formerly known as Facebook Pay, is a convenient way to send money to friends, buy goods on Marketplace and more.
If you used Meta Pay but set it up with a card you no longer want to use, or want to stop using it entirely, it’s probably a good idea to delete your payment details.
Fortunately, Meta makes deleting a payment method very easy. Here’s what you need to do.
How do I remove a payment method from Meta Pay?
- Navigate to facebook.com
- From your home feed, click on your profile picture top right.
- From the drop-down menu, select Settings and Privacythen Settings.
- From the left menu, select Account settingsthen Facebook Pay.
- To remove a payment method, click your card, then click Delete card and finally on To delete.
If you try to remove the primary payment method from your Facebook Ads account, you won’t be able to do so unless you add another payment method first.
This awesome system will save you time and effort every time you pay.
However, if you’re also trying to close your Facebook advertising account, we’ll walk you through how to do that below.
How to close your Facebook advertising account
- Go to account settings Facebook Ads Manager
- Enter your password, if required.
- Click on Disable ad accountwhich can be found under the ad agency header.
- You will be asked to confirm the deactivation and, if you wish, to provide a reason for the deactivation.
- Click on Disable ad account
Your account should now be closed unless you have payments to make. In this case, your account will be closed as soon as the payment has been made.
Written by Luke Baker.