How to rewind or fast forward in a TikTok video?
This page was translated using AI and machine learning before being reviewed by a human editor in your native language.
(Pocket-lint) – Have you ever watched a TikTok video and missed something important that happened in a split second? Or maybe you just want to go all the way to see the big reveal? Sure, TikTok videos aren’t that long, but it can be incredibly tedious to have to sit down and watch or rewatch an entire video when you just want to see the most important part. Fortunately, the app has a solution: it allows users to rewind or fast forward videos.
How to rewind or fast forward a TikTok video?
TikTok has a feature on its mobile app that lets you skip forward or backward through its videos.
If you want to see if the ability to rewind or fast forward a TikTok video is available to you, and maybe even use the feature, just follow these steps:
- Open the latest version of the TikTok mobile app.
- While playing a TikTok video, look for a white line at the bottom of the video.
- This feature may not be available on very short videos, so look for it on longer videos.
- You should see the line get slightly thicker as the video progresses.
- Try touching the thick white line with your finger.
- It will be highlighted and a dot will appear to indicate where you are in the video.
- Tap the dot and scroll left to rewind or right to fast forward.
And voila ! You can now move around in a TikTok.
It’s video game week in association with Nvidia GeForce RTX.
PC Gaming Week in association with Nvidia GeForce RTX is happening all this week on Pocket-lint.
To learn more about TikTok, check out our guides:
Written by Maggie Tillman. Edited by Max Freeman-Mills.