How to Send a Direct Message to the Clubhouse Using Backchannel
This page was translated using AI and machine learning.
(Pocket-lint) – Do you use Clubhouse? Well, now you can slip into other users’ DMs in the app.
The social audio application launched a direct messaging feature. Called Backchannel, it is available in the iOS and Android versions of the application. Currently, Backchannel allows for one-on-one chats, group chats, and the ability to send links. You cannot use the DM function to send pictures or videos to other users, but it is apparently in progress with other features. An optional second inbox will also be available for all your message requests. Here’s what you need to know about Backchannel, including how it works.
What is the back channel of the Clubhouse?
Backchannel is Clubhouse’s new direct messaging system. The idea is that with Backchannel, moderators will be able to chat with each other, or people will be able to log in after an event. It essentially allows text conversations, rather than audio, and keeps users in the app who might otherwise travel to a competitive platform to chat quickly.
My hat? Tip
My microphone? Flashed
My voicemail ? Direct.
After unwittingly disclosing their functionality 5 times, here is our beloved team of engineers showcasing the new Clubhouse Backchannel pic.twitter.com/3bPHeGxQaZ
– Clubhouse (@Clubhouse) July 14, 2021
How to find and use Backchannel in Clubhouse
When using Backchannel, people you follow can message you and their messages will appear in the main tab. Otherwise, messages from people you don’t follow will go to a separate inbox. (Messages from people you don’t follow go to your request inbox.) The default is that anyone on Clubhouse can send you message requests. However, you can turn this setting off and only receive messages from people you follow. Just tap the three dots at the top of Backchannel. Easy!
- Tap the airplane icon at the bottom of the app home screen and inside the rooms.
- From there you will be able to see your messages.
- You can also create new private or group messages by tapping the pen and paper icon in the corner.
Send a message
- Tap the airplane icon at the bottom of the app
- Tap the pen and paper icon located in the corner of Backchannel
- Search to find the person you are looking for to create a new feed.
- You can find the people you follow and the people who follow you in the search.
- You can also send messages by tapping the airplane icon on a user’s profile.
- This icon will only be visible if the user has enabled messaging for everyone or is following you.
Find your message request inbox
- Go to Backchannel.
- Tap Requests at the bottom of the screen.
- From there, you can tap to view the contents or not open them.
When will Clubhouse Backchannel be available?
The feature is now available for iOS and Android users. He has fled for the first time in June.
Want to know more?
For more details, see the Clubhouse blog post and support page here. You can also check out our in-depth guide to Clubhouse:
Written by Maggie Tillman. Originally published on .