How to Set Up and Play Apple Music on Amazon Fire TV Devices
This page was translated using AI and machine learning.
(Pocket-lint) – Did you know Apple Music is available on Fire TV devices?
You can access the service on Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, Apple CarPlay, Apple HomePod, Android devices, Amazon Echo devices, Sonos speakers, and even Amazon Fire TV devices. In fact, here’s how to get it working on your set-top box or Amazon dongle right now.
How to Set Up Apple Music on Fire TV Devices
What do you need
- An Apple Music subscription.
- An Amazon Fire TV that you’ve already set up with the Alexa mobile app.
- The iOS or Android device you’ve already set up with Alexa.
Enable Apple Music Alexa Skill
The setup process is very similar to setting up Apple Music on Echo devices.
If you’ve already enabled Apple Music on an Amazon Echo, your Fire TV device will automatically be able to use Apple Music. However, if you’re looking to add Apple Music to your Fire TV without ever having it set up on an Echo, you’ll need to enable a skill first.
- Access Apple Music Alexa Skill in the Alexa app or your web browser.
- Select the “Activate” button to activate the skill.
- Sign in to your Apple Music account with your Apple ID.
- Authorize the access request.
- You can choose Apple Music as the default music provider for Alexa, if you want.
Play Apple Music on Your Fire TV
- Grab your Fire TV remote, press the mic button, and tell Fire TV to “Play Apple Music.”
- If it’s working properly, you’ll hear something like: “Playing your song on Apple Music.”
How much does Apple Music cost?
While new Apple Music subscribers get a three-month free trial, the service requires a $/£/€9.99 monthly subscription for individual users.
Or, you can pay $/£/€14.99 for the Apple Music family plan for up to five people. Apple Music Individual Plan and Apple Music Family Plan are also included in Apple One, which starts at $14.95 per month. Check out our in-depth guide to Apple Music for more on pricing:
Accumulate rewards and advantages on all your existing cards with this Curve Mastercard
This awesome system will save you time and effort every time you pay.
Want to know more?
Visit Apple’s support page to learn how to use Apple Music with Alexa.
Written by Maggie Tillman. Edited by Chris Hall.