iPhone 13: only 18% of Android users want to switch to Apple, it’s less than in 2020
According to a recent survey conducted by the specialist store SellCell, only 18% of Android users plan to switch to Apple in 2021. This represents a decrease of 15% from the figures for 2020.
In 2020, the site specializing in the resale and takeover of smartphones SellCell published a first survey dedicated to the interest of Android users for the iPhone 12. To carry out this opinion study, SellCelle had interviewed no less than 2,000 Android users over the age of 18 and residing in the United States. Results, no less than 33% of respondents said they were seduced by the latest smartphone from the mark to the apple.
And precisely, SellCell has just published its new annual survey on the same subject, with one detail since this time it is about finding out about the interest that Android users have in the iPhone 13, the next flagship of ‘Apple. This time, the survey was carried out on more than 5000 Android users.
18% of Android users seduced by iPhone 13
What came out of this survey? Let us first look at the purchase intentions of Android users for the iPhone 13. While 33% were to consider buying an iPhone 12 in 2020, only 18% say they are interested in the iPhone 13 in 2021. This represents a 14.8% decrease compared to last year’s results. Logically, SellCell sought to find out the reasons why Android users are more cautious about the iPhone 13:
- 31.9% of respondents regret the absence of a fingerprint scanner on the iPhone 13. Touch ID should however come back to the iPhone 14 if we are to believe the latest rumors
- 12.8% of respondents regret sideloading restrictions for iOS apps
- 10.4% of respondents are against intrusive scanning of iCloud photos
- 12.1% of respondents believe that Android smartphones have better hardware than iPhones
Next, SellCell naturally took a look at the aspects of the iPhone 13 that appeal to Android users :
- 51.4% of respondents appreciate the longer software support
- 23.8% of respondents appreciate the integration of the Apple ecosystem
- 11.4% of respondents rate the best privacy protection on iPhones
- 5.2% of respondents believe Apple offers better prices for iPhones
Unsurprisingly, the iPhone 13 Pro Max and its 6.7 ″ display remains the most popular device among Android users, with 39.8% of respondents interested in this model. The Vanilla model comes in second with 36.1%, the iPhone 13 Pro 6.1 ″ follows with 19.5% of the vote and the iPhone 13 Mini 5.4 ″ represents 4.6% of respondents. .