Mobile Games News Recap | Week of June 6 to 12, 2022
Discover it weekly recap of mobile gaming news on Android and iOS from the week of May 30 to June 5, 2022! On the program this week: Goupelin in Pokémon Unite, from the leak of mobile COD Warzone gameplaya new season of TFT Rising Legends Tournamentthe Summer Game Fest 2022 and much more to discover in this recap. We let you read all about it below. ⬇️
Leaks, new games and updates
1️⃣ Let’s start this recap with the Call of Duty Warzone mobile gameplay leak. Revealed by the alpha testing of Activision’s game, these first images reveal the layout of the interface, the Gulag in development and the reappearance of a new Verdansk. According to the leaks, Park, Port and Farmland will be back among the maps, although new locations will also be included. Find all the information about the game in our dedicated article or pre-register now on TapTap to join the 500,000 players who don’t want to miss the release.
2️⃣ This week, Supercell’s tower defense is taking the opportunity to launch its new season. So get your cards ready and welcome to Season 36 of Clash Royale: Pit of Bones. The new content obviously puts our dear skeletons in the spotlight, with a new Pass Royale and a New Rage Challenge: Giant Skeleton. For strategists, we have detailed the balancing updates cards of this season in our article in addition to the patch notes.
3️⃣ According to Sensor Tower, Niantic’s most popular augmented reality game just passed a major financial milestone. Indeed, Pokémon GO joins the exclusive club of games with surpassed $6 billion in revenue. With this new step reached after 6 years of existence, Pokémon GO moves up to 7th in the ranking of the most profitable mobile games far behind the 14 billion in combined revenue from Honor of Kings and Arena of Valor (its international version).
4️⃣ Thus, already a member of this club, Honor of Kings offers itself a worldwide release… putting aside Arena of Valor which was its official global port until today. HoK’s release was revealed mid-week by Level Infinite, the label recently created by Tencent to unify its big gaming productions, such as Don’t Starve: New Home. Furthermore, the title testing phases will be launched in mid-summer, although it is not possible to register for them at this time. Of course, we don’t know what this means in the years to come for Arena of Valor and its players.
5️⃣ We were telling you about it a little while ago: a collectible card game based on the Marvel Multiverse and imagined by alumni of Hearthstone was to make its debut soon. We now learn that the Marvel Snap soft launch is already underway in the Philippines on Android and iOS. Soon, players based in the US, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Canada and Hong Kong will also be able to access the game as the title opens up to more countries around the world.
6️⃣ On the awards side, this week we honor the winners of the Apple Design Awards 2022. The complete list of winners is available in our article, but we have chosen to highlight Overboard! in this recap as well as A Musical Story. The latter, produced by a French studio, won the innovation prize with its very poetic mix both graphically and musically.
Overboard! is a somewhat special title of its kind since you are on board a boat where a crime has been committed, in a situation close to a Agatha Christie novel. Except you’re not looking for the killer…since it’s you. The object of the game is therefore not to carry out the investigation but to arrive at dodge suspicion from NPCs. The game has several endings to its scenario depending on your decisions and therefore offers good replayability in addition to an interesting concept.
7️⃣ Initially, we couldn’t predict what Summer Game Fest 2022 had in store for the mobile genre. However, fans of this medium need not be disappointed because many games have already been announced, especially on the Netflix side. Here is a list of the lucky ones:
- Shadow and Bone: Destinies – Based on the series of the same name, this title will arrive in 2023 to expand the world of Grishaverse on smartphones.
- Too Hot To Handle – If you don’t know what it’s like to fear the noise of Lana, this game should show you that as it picks up the main aspects of the reality TV series on Netflix. In-game, you will be able to meet attractive singles, finally from 2023.
- The Queen’s Gambit: Chess – Like many, you decided to start or go back to chess after watching the series? Well you can train with lessons and challenges around chess in addition to puzzles.
- Desta: The Memories Between – Game made by Ustwo Games (the studio behind Monument Valley 1, 2 and 3), it falls into the genre of real time strategy whose goal is to take care of and repair one’s social relationships. The title will be released later in 2022.
- Money Heist: The Game – With the Colombian studio Killasoft at the helm of this port of the hit series on Netflix, you participate in a new robbery demanded by the teacher as reimbursement for a favour. Your target? The casino of a dodgy billionaire in Monaco…
- Lucky Luna – Scheduled for summer 2022, this pixel art game is a 2D puzzle platformer where you will play as Luna and go on an adventure in this world as beautiful as it is dangerous.
Then we discover the three Devolver mobile games for Netflix.
- Reigns: Three Kingdoms – With an interface reminiscent of that of Lapsethis title will make you live the last difficult years of the Han dynasty with many mini-games and a wide variation of mechanics to make you live a unique story every time.
- Terra Nile – Eco-conscious game, Terra Nil embarks you in the genre of strategic construction in full climate change. The title should address the reconstruction of the ecosystem to provide an ecological paradise.
- poinpy – This doodle jump modern times will push you to always go higher without missing your next platform.
In addition to these titles, Spiritfarer will be adapted on mobile in addition to Raji: An Ancient Epic and Match-3 Wild Animals.
8️⃣ To open the Summer Game Fest 2022 festivities, Zenless Zone Zero has enjoyed a new trailer. the future title of HoYoverse will take you from one world to another as a great catastrophe threatens humanity. In comparison to Genshin Impact, Zenless Zone Zero swaps the colorful and charming universes of the medieval fantasy universe against a post-apo setting focused on urban pop and guns while maintaining a similar graphic style. We already know that ZZZ has about 12 heroes and a panel of modern weapons ranging from rifle to circular saw to allow you to explore the world with maximum brutality and explosions.
9️⃣ During the June 2022 streamthe Dev Sisters studio has unveiled many new features for Cookie Run: Kingdom. First, we discover improvements in decoration and better production management. To this is added the complete release of the guild fight which had been in beta for a year with a teaser of new guild bosses. You will be able to take advantage of new progression systems to get more rewards and additional content in various game modes.
Partnerships of the week
🔟 Now let’s move on to two partnerships that have marked this week. First of all, Diablo Immortalwhich already exceeds the 10 million downloads and blissfully unaware of the hatred of which he is the target (because of all his economic modelnot just the lootboxes: I invite you to watch the video of GaGzZz below to better understand) decides instead to make his bread with Burger King in Korea.
So find out the Diablo Ultimate Donut Kingwhich you’ll never eat but follows last year’s limited-edition beer in partnership with Magpie Brewing Co.
Plus, if you like gore and evil versions of the Avengers, you’ll be pleased to hear that The Boys are coming to PUBG mobile with a new partnership. In-game, you will be able to obtain the outfits of the iconic characters of the series: Soldier Boy, star light or Homelander in addition to collectible skins.
A brief update on mobile esports
1️⃣1️⃣ With the release of set 7 TFT, Riot Games announced at the new season of the TFT Rising Legends: Dragonlands tournament. The fights will take place from June to October and will result in several qualifying opportunities for the final stages. Thus, players at the top of the 3 Golden Spatula Cups, from General classification or Superbrawl will have their chance to win part of the cashprize. At the same time, Riot offered its Dragon Party! June 11 on Twitch to celebrate the launch of Dragonlands with the first clashes between big players from NA and EU.
1️⃣2️⃣ Other sports announcement of this recap, registrations for the SWC 2022 are open. Find all the details in our article on the format, timetable and registration procedures for the Summoners War World Arena Championship 2022. To make sure you don’t miss any opportunity to collect your share of the $210,000 up for grabs, don’t miss the August preliminary rounds.