The iPhone 15 Pro would finally have physical buttons, Apple
Nvidia Shield: Android 11 update is buggy, install the patch
The Nvidia Shield TVs recently switched to Android 11. However, the manufacturer’s update obviously had its share of bugs and problems of all kinds. To remedy the situation, Nvidia has just released a patch.
After remaining on Android 9 for more than two years, Nvidia has finally decided to switch the Shield TV boxes to Android 11 in January 2022. This new update has brought its share of new features, such as support for of the Stadia button with many third-party controllers, the automatic disconnection of Bluetooth devices when the box is on standby or even compatibility with DTS-HD HRA audio streams. Another addition, the possibility for subscribers to the premium plan of GeForce Now to enjoy streaming in 4K HDR on their Nvidia Shield TV box.
Unfortunately, the Android 11 update also caused many problems on almost all of the manufacturer’s boxes. Indeed, complaints have multiplied on the brand’s forum. It must be said that the damage was legion. Here are the details of all the fixes provided by this Shield Experience 9.0.1 update.
Also read: Cheap Nvidia Shield TV and Nvidia Shield TV Pro: where to buy them at the best price?
List of fixes provided by Shield Experience 9.0.1
Suffice to say that the patch note is substantial as you can see:
- Fixes PLEX media server issues
- Fixes storage permission issues on media players, file browsers and emulator apps
- Fixed stuttering when playing interlaced content
- Resolves brief video corruption when watching YouTube TV
- Resolves issue where HDMI-CEC volume control is adjusted by two increments
- Removed thumbnail overlay when taking a screenshot
- Fixes 90° screen rotation issue
- Restores “Beta” description in “Match Frame Rate” settings
- Fixed a bug where audio was lost after activating the “Dolby audio processing”
- Fixes Bluetooth audio issue when “Audio Formats” is set to Manual
- [Modèle Shied 2019 8 Go] Fixes issue where SD card was not detected after reboot
- Resolves issue where files on Adopted Storage were not visible when connecting over LAN
- Fixes issue where Android folders are automatically created when connecting storage
- Resolves issue where files cannot be copied to removable storage when connecting over LAN from a Mac
- Fixed an issue copying files to the Shield via local network when the app is running on the Shield
- Fixed a bug where Kodi media files were not visible when connecting to local network
- Fixed an issue where the “Wi-Fi Roaming Enabled” command was not working properly
- Fixes Kodi issue where long press selection or menu was not detected correctly
- Fixed an issue on Xbox controllers where pressing the Xbox button would not bring up the Stadia menu
- Fixed an issue where IR volume control was disabled when USB DAC was connected
- Fixes navigation issues when selecting folders to grant file and media permissions
- Fixes the case where the Shield was not visible in Cast device
- Fixed a bug where Kodi system files were inaccessible
- Fixed a bug where the playing status of videos was displayed on the home screen
Note, however, that some users claim on the manufacturer’s forums that certain problems persist despite the publication of the patch. In particular, concerns around Plex and Kodi are still relevant. “I still get the permission error in Kodi! Please Nvidia fix this!”, claims a user on the Shield TV forum. And you, are you having problems on your Shield TV since the release of the Android 11 update? Tell us in the comments.