What is Nvidia Broadcast and how does it work?
This page was translated using AI and machine learning.
(Pocket-lint) – Nvidia Broadcast is an application designed to help improve the quality of your video broadcasts and call for free with a warning. You must use an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, Quadro RTX 3000, TITAN RTX or better graphics card.
If you tick this box then there is good news because this app is stellar.
Nvidia Broadcast is designed using artificial intelligence to enhance your live streams and video calls in several ways. This includes removing background noise from your microphone, applying virtual backgrounds without a green screen, and automatically keeping in frame.
What is Nvidia Broadcast?
Nvidia Broadcast is theoretically every streamer’s dream. This is an application designed to enhance the content you create without having to spend extra money on more sophisticated material.
What is the Daily Pocket-lint and how do I get it for free?
By using your current microphone and webcam, Nvidia Broadcast can essentially improve your voice capture and make your live streaming efforts more professional.
Nvidia Broadcast offers three main features, including:
- Automatic framing: Thanks to artificial intelligence, the app can track your movements, which means it will follow you around the room if you move within the field of view. Nvidia says it’s like having your own cameraman and makes sure you’re always the center of the action.
- Virtual and blurry backgrounds – Nvidia Broadcast offers the ability to adjust the background of your camera’s view in a manner similar to what you’ve probably seen with Zoom, Skype, and other apps. At a basic level, you can just blur your background, but you can also add custom virtual backgrounds and even create green screen effects without a green screen. This way, you can superimpose your camera feed on game footage without having to worry about green screens.
- Noise cancellation – this app also includes an enhanced version of RTX Voice, which uses AI to actively remove background and environmental noise from your microphone. Whether it’s dogs barking in the distance or the hum of your air conditioning, Nvidia Broadcast promises to make your voice clearer and your flow more professional.
What applications support Nvidia Broadcast?
Nvidia says Broadcast is designed to be a universal app that will work with everything you’d expect, whether it’s streaming software like OBS Streamlabs or video conferencing apps like Zoom, Teams, or Skype. You can also use it with Discord and more.
So it is not only for gamers or for online broadcasts, but can generally be used to improve your look and sound on the web.
Can you use Nvidia Broadcast?
As you might expect, Nvidia Broadcast is designed to work with Nvidia RTX graphics cards. It doesn’t just mean the 3000 series.
The company says it will work with any GeForce RTX, TITAN RTX, or Quadro RTX graphics card. You will, however, get the best experience with the latest graphics cards, thanks to Tensor Core and software optimization improvements.
If you don’t have an RTX GPU, don’t worry because all is not lost. Nvidia has also updated RTX Voice to work with older GTX graphics cards as well. So at least you can improve the quality of your microphone even if you can’t take advantage of all the other benefits that Nvidia Broadcast has to offer.
How to use Nvidia Broadcast
To get started, you need to download Nvidia Broadcast here. Download and install the application, then restart your machine. Once done, you can then go through the configuration.
- Start the Nvidia broadcast
- Then click on each of the tabs for microphone, speakers and camera
- In each, select the primary device you will be using – i.e. your input device for microphone, headphones, and webcam
The next step is then to configure your specific applications. For example, in Discord, you will now be selected as the input and output device in the audio settings of the app as Nvidia Broadcast. This then allows Nvidia Broadcast to control your audio in each app while acting as your default audio device.
As you might expect, Nvidia Broadcast will work with a variety of applications, including the following:
Nvidia also offers detailed setup guides for each of these apps (click on the links above to go straight to them), but for the most part, that just involves selecting Nvidia Broadcast as the input and output device. This includes doing it in your favorite streaming tool. For example, Streamlabs OBS is configured like this:
Now you can enjoy the pleasures that Nvidia Broadcast has to offer.
What’s new with Nvidia Broadcast?
Nvidia regularly updates Nvidia Broadcast. These updates include a number of changes that improve the system. The most recent have included:
- Updated and improved noise cancellation settings including pet filtering
- A new “performance mode” designed to reduce the impact of the virtual background setting on your GPU performance which could otherwise reduce FPS in games
- Noise cancellation improvements beyond that offered by RTX Voice
- A room echo removal feature that eliminates all echo sound in your room
- A beta video noise cancellation feature that helps reduce static electricity issues caused by lower quality webcams in low light situations
- Added support for professional and virtual cameras including Canon EOS Webcam Utility, Nikon Webcam Utility, Sony Webcam Utility, and OBS Virtual Camera
- Improved noise cancellation for those with loud, high-pitched voices
Written by Adrian Willings. Originally published on .