The iPhone 15 Pro would finally have physical buttons, Apple
What is Tile Scan and Secure? Also, how to find tracking tags with it
This page was translated using AI and machine learning.
(Pocket-lint) – Tile has announced a “Scan and Secure” feature available in its mobile app. It allows anyone using the Tile app to scan if there are any unwanted Tile trackers nearby. It is considered a security feature. Announced for Tile’s latest tracking tags, “Scan and Secure” is available for free for iOS and Android users of the Tile app.
Also: Tile Review: Pro, Mate, Slim, Sticker Compared and Reviewed
Keep in mind that Apple offers a similar app for Android users that lets them search for unknown AirTag trackers nearby. This is because all object trackers, whether from Tile or Apple, can be used by people with malicious intent to track. But, the thing is, Tile’s new feature (and Apple’s Android app) requires users to download an app and run a scan, rather than being automatically notified if there’s an unknown tracker nearby. proximity. So, if you want to use the Tile app to locate unknown Tile trackers around you, here’s how.
How Tile’s Scan & Secure feature works
You can just download the Tile app and search for tags without signing up, and your phones won’t be part of Tile’s search network.
To run a scan, do the following:
- Download and open the latest version of the Tile app.
- On the home page, tap the Analyze icon in the top corner.
- You can also go to Settings > Scan & Secure.
- Move “some distance” away from your original location.
- This allows the app to see if any tiles move with you.
- The app can take up to 10 minutes to complete a scan.
- Tile advises against using it on public transport.
- The scan results will provide an image of the detected unknown tiles.
- Need more detailed instructions? Visit the Tile FAQ page.
What if you find a Tile?
If a scan finds unwanted trackers nearby, Tile’s FAQ recommends contacting resources like the National Domestic Violence Hotline, The Pixel Project, or local law enforcement.
When will Tile’s “Scan and Secure” feature be available?
Tile’s “Scan and Secure” feature is available to anyone with a Tile account. It’s rolling out and should be available to everyone by early April 2022.
Accumulate rewards and advantages on all your existing cards with this Curve Mastercard
This awesome system will save you time and effort every time you pay.
Written by Maggie Tillman.