Your iPhone Turns On Driving Mode Anytime, Here’s The Solution
Apple introduced a new Focus mode with iOS 15 called “Driving”. Its purpose is to reduce the stress on the smartphone as much as possible when you are driving. But this mode is the victim of a bug and is automatically activated. Even in situations where it shouldn’t. Here is the solution to prevent it from blocking your phone and any other compatible Apple product.
If you use an iPhone (or any other Apple product), you’re probably familiar with “Focus”. This is a function that arrived in the Apple universe with iOS 14 to replace the “do not disturb” mode. The goal is to help you focus or cut with connected products and to provide a little more granularity and control depending on the situation. Focus is now common to iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
iPhone users are real dangers behind the wheel according to this study
In two years, Apple added several modes which can activate automatically depending on the situation, time, place, etc. There is “rest” for sleeping, “a time for yourself” for a relaxation session, “work” which will filter secondary personal notifications, “sport”, “video game”, “reading”, “mindfulness”, etc With iOS 15, a new mode appeared: “ Conduct “. Why ? Because drivers tend to stare at their screen (or worse, text) behind the wheel. And it is dangerous.
Driving mode on iPhones turns on when it shouldn’t
For most users, Driving is a mode that activates automatically by default. There are two possible automatic settings: either it activates it when it connects via Bluetooth to an on-board system (regardless of whether it is Carplay compatible), or it activates when it detects a movement that resembles that of a car. However, a bug affects the algorithm that recognizes movements: the iPhone of some users activates Driving mode even when they are seated and motionless, information found on the Reddit forum. This blocked certain functions not only on the phone, but also on all devices connected to their account. An inconvenience that can be considerable.
While waiting for Apple to fix the bug, here is a short tutorial to deactivate the automatic activation of the mode if you are a victim:
- Open Settings and choose Concentration
- Choose mode ” Conduct » to set the mode
- Go to the bottom of the screen to customize automatic activation
- Here, choose ” manually or, if you have a compatible audio system, ” if connected to onboard Bluetooth “.
- The first requires you to activate the mode every time you get in the car. The second automates activation if the mobile is connected via Bluetooth to your car.
- If you have a Carplay compatible system, activate automatic activation. It will activate even if you chose manual activation previously.