How to easily change your name on Facebook
This page was translated using AI and machine learning before being reviewed by a human editor in your native language.
(Pocket-lint) – If you recently got married or changed your name, you need to update all your life documents and even your social media. To make it easier for you, Pocket-lint tells you how to change your name on Facebook. It’s very simple and it will only take you a few seconds.
How to change your name on Facebook
You can change your name on Facebook from the web or from the mobile app. Here’s how.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click on your profile picture at the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings and privacy, then click Settings.
- Click on Name.
- Enter your name and click Review Edit.
- Enter your password and click Save Changes.
Mobile app users
- At the bottom right of Facebook, tap the three-line hamburger button.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & privacy, then tap Settings.
- Tap Personal & Account Info.
- Tap Name.
- Enter your name and tap Review edit.
- Enter your password and tap Save Changes.
Are you having difficulties? You can fill out this form to request a name change directly from Facebook.
How often can you change your name?
You can only change your name on Facebook every 60 days.
Can you change your name to something?
According to Facebook, you cannot use symbols, numbers, unusual capitals, repeating characters, or punctuation in your name. You also may not use characters from multiple languages, titles (professional or religious, for example), words or phrases other than the name, or offensive or suggestive words. Facebook suggests that your profile be the same name your friends give you in real life. This name must also appear on an identity document or document. Nicknames are accepted and you can specify other names on your account.
Can you use a celebrity’s name?
According to Facebook, it is illegal to impersonate someone other than yourself.
You want to know more ?
Facebook offers an FAQ page here detailing what is and isn’t allowed when it comes to names.
A VPN can dramatically expand your digital horizons – take advantage of this deal on one of the best around.
Written by Maggie Tillman.