How to enable custom notification sounds in Telegram
This page was translated using AI and machine learning.
(Pocket-lint) – Telegram – the popular messaging app – is rolling out a host of new features in an update, and chief among them is the ability to apply custom sounds as your notification alert.
This new feature will allow you to use any sound as an alert, including sounds or voice notes sent to you during a chat. It also means you can set custom sounds for each individual chat if you want. So if you want to set a specific sound for messages from close friends, family, and loved ones, or a custom sound for a work chat, now you can do that.
However, there is a limit. The duration of the sound should be less than five seconds and its size less than 300 KB. Other than that, there are no restrictions. In fact, you can try out some of Telegram’s in its Telegram Notification Sounds channel.
How to download voice note or sound for notifications on iPhone?
You can use any sound as an alert in Telegram, including voice notes sent in a chat. So, if you have a chat with short and funny voice notes, the procedure to use them as a notification is quite simple.
On the iPhone:
- Open the chat in which the sound is present.
- Touch and hold the voice note/sound you want to use.
- In the context menu that appears, choose “Save for notifications”.
- Open the chat containing the sound you want
- Tap the space right next to a voice note or sound in a chat.
- Select “Save for Notifications” from the pop-up menu.
How to set any sound as a custom notification
You might not want to use voice notes as your custom sound, but rather an individual audio file that you have saved on your phone. And the good news is that you can also use it in the latest update. Here’s how to access it.
Accumulate rewards and advantages on all your existing cards with this Curve Mastercard
This awesome system will save you time and effort every time you pay.
On the iPhone:
- Open a chat
- Tap the person’s or group’s image in the upper right corner.
- Tap “Mute” under the image thumbnail.
- Now select “Customize” from the list.
- Under “Telegram ringtones”, choose a sound already added to the list.
- Or… to add a new one, select “Upload Sound” and find the sound you want in your iPhone files.
- Open a chat
- Tap the profile picture in the top left corner
- Select “Notifications”.
- Tap “Customize” in the pop-up menu.
- Select “Sound”.
- Now choose one of the “Telegram ringtones” if you have already added one.
- Or… tap “Upload Sound” to add a new one.
Other new features in the recent update include better translations for messages in other languages, improved picture-in-picture mode on Android, and some improvements to its bots.
Written by Cam Bunton.